|Use||View, edit, or remove memories from a person|
|Door||Most people's heads|
The Head Key allows the user to open someone's head so that thoughts and memories can be inserted or removed from the subject's mind.
The Head Key can be used to "share" memories between people by taking them out of one person's head and placing them into another.
Using the Head Key, items and knowledge can be directly placed into a persons head and later retrieved.
The memories themselves are not always accurate, and can be affected by the subject, particularly their state of mind. For example, Bode Locke's recollection of the Lady in the Well was inaccurate.
The minds of many characters have been seen with the Head Key. The following are some highlights.
- Sam Lesser and Al Grubb
- Bode as a construction worker
- the Moth
- a phone number with a Californian area code, presumably the Lockes' old phone number
- Space Invaders
- Tyler as a caveman
- Bode as a stick of dynamite
- Sam Lesser telling Tyler that he killed Rendell because Tyler asked him to
- Rendell, with the bullethole where his right eye should be
- Kinsey, Bode, and the paint cans Tyler stepped in that Sam used to follow Tyler
- Shep Martin being arrested after crashing his car and injuring Kinsey
- Tyler holding a mask with Sam's scars
- Three Tyler's doing the gestures of the Three Wise Monkeys
- The hatchet Nina used to kill Sam
- The gun Sam used to kill Rendell
- Ellie fighting with her mother, Candice
- Ellie entering the Drowning Cave the day of the incident with the Black Door
- Ellie pushing Erin Voss in a wheelchair
- Ellie with Lucas
- Gil leaving Ellie and Rufus
- Ellie leaving Keyhouse after summoning the echo of Dodge, who immediately killed her mother
- The keys have worked differently for Rufus Whedon, including the Head Key which Zach Wells attempted to use on him; not allowing him to alter Rufus' memories.
- ↑ Locke & Key: Head Games #5, "Chapter Four". May 20, 2009
- ↑ Locke & Key: Guide to the Known Keys. November 23, 2011
- ↑ Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #3, "Last Light". February 17, 2010
- ↑ Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom #5, "Detectives - Part 1". March 2, 2011
- ↑ Locke & Key: Head Games #4, "Chapter Three". April 8, 2009
- ↑ Locke & Key: Clockworks #2, "Smash!". August 31, 2011
- ↑ Locke & Key: Omega #5, "The Fall". June 5, 2013
- ↑ Locke & Key: Clockworks #6, "Curtain". May 16, 2012